Friday, November 28, 2008

CFP: State convention on "English . . . for a Change!"

Check out this conference call for proposals (CFP):
http://orgs.uww.edu/wcte/convention.htm

I'm excited that the Wisconsin Council of Teachers of English (WCTE) are organizing their 2009 conference around social change and asking for breakout sessions that "present techniques of anti-racist, anti-biased teaching practices."

The state convention is in Milwaukee, so if you're in the area (Wisconsin, Illinois), would you like to collaborate on one or more proposals about anti-racist peer tutoring practice?

Beth

2 comments:

SVD said...

Beth:

I think that is a terrific idea!

I would be interested, and I hope that my peers think the same.

One of us should email you soon.

Thanks!

-Sal

Beth Godbee said...

Yeah!

I'm definitely interested in collaborating and can imagine a cross-institutional project on anti-racist peer tutoring practice.

Beth